Volunteering opportunities in Christchurch Park
What you can do
Christchurch Park offers a variety of opportunities to get involved. You might be able to give us a whole day, half a day, or even just a couple of hours. You might well be able to help without giving us any time at all.
- Gardening tasks;
- Practical work in the wildlife areas;
- Surveying for wildlife;
- Litter picking and graffiti removal;
- Reporting damage, vandalism and any other issues;
- Assisting in the Visitor Centre behind reception;
- Helping out with events;
- Surveying Park users, for example carrying out number counts and asking visitors to complete questionnaires;
- Duck patrol (advising people not to feed the ducks with bread).
For further information about getting involved doing any of the above please call in at the Reg Driver Visitor Centre near the Bolton Lane entrance of Christchurch Park or contact Park Manager Sam Pollard:
Tel: 01473 252435
Alternatively you can find out more in our Volunteering section, or why not visit ICVS in the town centre and ask them about 'volunteering in parks'?
Last Updated: Thursday 14th April 2011