How to Claim
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
You can find out if you qualify for any Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction using our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Calculator.
If you qualify and want to claim housing benefit and/or council tax reduction you can claim online right now using the Online Claim Form.
- complete the form online and submit it to us immediately;
- partially complete and save the form, and return to it at any time;
- complete and submit the online form at the Customer Service Centre
You do not have to use the calculator to make an online claim, but if you do, the information you have already entered into the calculator will automatically be saved into your online claim.
Remember that your claim will usually start from the Monday after we receive it, so if you think you may be entitled, submit your claim as soon as you can.
When you submit your claim, you will be told what evidence you need to supply. You can bring the evidence to the Customer Service Centre, or post it to us at the address below.
If you bring your evidence in person to the Customer Service Centre, our advisors will check the details and information you have supplied and advise you if you are eligible for the Fast Track scheme, which provides an entitlement assessment within 48 working hours.
Please use the address below only for posted items:Ipswich Borough Council
Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2DE
All evidence supplied will be copied and returned to you.
Need advice about your claim?
- You can call the Benefits Helpline: 01473 432700
(From 08:30 - 17:00)
- You can call in to the Customer Service Centre.
If you cannot easily get to the office due to mobility or other problems
- We may be able to visit you at home
- You can contact our Visiting Team on 01473 433809
Last Updated: Wednesday 3rd April 2013
Further pages in How to Claim
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax ReductionYou are here
Housing Benefit Claims Information
You can also call in and speak to an advisor at the Customer Services Centre in the Town Hall.
Tel: 01473 432700
Email: Send us an email