Revised Local Development Scheme
Ipswich's Local Development Scheme - July 2012 and informal update January 2013
The Local Development Scheme (LDS) sets out the Council's project plan for the preparation of documents that together will form the Ipswich Local Development Framework.
It lists the local development documents to be prepared and provides a timetable for the work.
The revised Local Development Scheme was reported to and approved at the Council's Executive Committee on 3rd July 2012. It was brought into effect on 6th August 2012.
- Local Development Scheme work schedule chart - July 2012
- Full Local Development Scheme document - July 2012
The current legislative requirements for the LDS are to only include the development plan documents (DPD) which are subject to independent examination. These are the Core Strategy, and the site-specific allocation documents, which are the IP-One Area Action Plan and the Site Allocations and Policies development plan document. The Council has decided to also include supplementary planning documents (SPD) to give a full account of planning policy work.
The LDS now shows the following timetable:
- Core Strategy and Policies DPD review commencing in October 2012, with adoption February 2015.
- Combined Site Allocations and IP-One Area Action Plan DPD will be developed over 2012, 2013 and 2014 with adoption in September 2014.
- Northern Fringe Area Development Brief SPD will be developed over 2012 and 2013 with adoption September 2014.
- Development and Flood Risk SPD will be developed over 2012 with adoption June 2013.
- CIL Charging Schedule commencing June 2012 with adoption March 2014.
- Local List SPD will be developed over 2012 with adoption December 2012.
- Statement of Community Involvement review developing over 2012 with adoption June 2013.
- Authority Monitoring Report commencing annually in July and published in December of the same year.
- Suffolk Advisory Parking Standards produced as supplementary planning guidance for the County Council. It does not have SPD status but may be endorsed by Ipswich Borough.
An informal update has been produced by the Council to reflect the current position and can be viewed via the link below.
Historic Local Development Schemes
There have also been Local Development Schemes in January 2005, March 2006, May 2007, March 2009, March 2011 and an informal update March 2012 . The March 2012 update is now replaced by the July 2012 scheme.
Last Updated: Friday 25th January 2013