Local Development Scheme (LDS)
Ipswich's Local Development Scheme - July 2013
The Local Development Scheme (LDS) sets out the Council's project plan for the preparation of documents that together will form the Ipswich Local Plan.
It lists the local development documents to be prepared and provides a timetable for the work.
The revised Local Development Scheme was approved by the Council's Executive Committee on 16th July 2013. It was brought into effect on 26th July 2013.
- Local Development Scheme work schedule chart - July 2013
- Full Local Development Scheme document - July 2013
The current legislative requirements for the LDS are to only include the development plan documents (DPD) which are subject to independent examination. These are the Core Strategy and the Site Allocations and Policies (incorporating IP-One Area Action Plan) DPD. The Council has decided to also include supplementary planning documents (SPD) to give a full account of planning policy work.
As at 3rd October 2013 the intended production of documents outlined in the LDS is as follows:
- 15th October 2013 - Review of Core Strategy & Policies DPD - Draft to Executive Committee (consultation expected to commence 6th January 2014);
- 15th October 2013 - Site Allocations & Policies (incorporating IP-One Area Action Plan) DPD - Draft to Executive Committee (consultation expected to commence 6th January 2014);
- 26th November 2013 - Northern Fringe Area Development Brief SPD (now known as Ipswich Garden Suburb SPD) - Draft to Executive Committee (consultation expected to commence 6th January 2014);
- 26th November 2013 - CIL Charging Schedule - Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule to Executive (consultation expected 4th December 2013 to 22nd January 2014);
- 21st January 2014 - Statement of Community Involvement review - Consultation comments being considered - Final version to Executive.
Last Updated: Thursday 14th November 2013