Missed or Lost Bins
Problems with your Waste Collection
If you have problems with your waste collection, whether blue, brown or black bin, please contact the Waste and Recycling team to report it.
If your bin is not emptied on its usual collection day, there may be a good reason why.
- Your blue or brown bin has been contaminated with something which cannot be collected in it. If this is the case the bin will have a coloured sticker on it. Please see the blue bin and brown bin information pages for items that can be collected;
- Your bin is overloaded and so unsuitable for collection;
- Your bin was not on the edge of your boundary at time of collection.
Where to put your bin
- Please make sure that you put your bin at the boundary of your home, near to the road.
- If you live in a terraced house bring the bin to the front of your property or leave it at the end of the passageway, as near to the road as possible.
- Please place the bin with the handles facing the road.
- Please make sure your bin is out by 06.30, as collection times may vary.
If you are infirm or have a disability and have difficulty in putting your bin out we can offer assistance each week. Please call 01473 433090 for further information
If your bin has gone missing please contact the Waste and Recycling team and they will arrange for a replacement bin and provide you with sacks to use in the meantime.
Last Updated: Tuesday 30th June 2009