Collective Energy Switching
Collective Energy Switching Scheme
Ipswich Borough Council is working in partnership with five other Suffolk councils to offer residents a collective energy switching scheme.
You can sign up to the collective energy switching scheme up to and including 8th April 2013. The auction will take place on 9th April 2013.
From 17th April you will be sent an offer by email, which is calculated based on your usage. Only then do you decide whether you wish to accept the winning supplier's offer. You could save a lot of money by choosing the cheapest supplier. What's more, switching has never been easier thanks to our support and guidance.
Are you interested? Sign up to the Big Community Switch for free with no obligation.
Purchasing energy together is cheaper
If we purchase energy collectively you will get a better deal. That is why the Council is organising this new collective switching scheme for energy.
Switching collectively is easy and safe
The Council's switching partner negotiates on your behalf and ensures a safe switch if you accept the offer.
How does it work?
- Sign up now to participate in the collective switching scheme for energy.
- You can sign up with no obligation and we will inform you about the auction date.
- If you share your annual consumption details with us then we can make you an offer suited to your specific situation.
- In the week after the auction you will receive a personal offer by email and you have a few weeks to decide whether you wish to accept the offer.
How do we get a good deal?
- The more people that sign up, the greater our purchasing power.
- Energy suppliers compete to make the best offer in an auction.
- They determine their bid based on the number of participants.
- The supplier with the best tariff wins the auction.
Last Updated: Monday 25th February 2013