Liaison with other council departments
The Development Management team works in close contact with other departments in the council. In particular the following areas assist the regulatory planning process on a day-to-day basis:
- Conservation and Urban Design advise and instruct on Conservation and Urban Design issues;
- Planning Policy has responsibility for the Local Plan and other policy preparation;
- Ipswich Building Control is responsible for compliance with Building Regulations and checks, and setting out and compliance with approvals on site;
- Parks and Open Spaces give advice on all matters relating to trees, landscaping and play areas;
- Drainage Engineering advise on drainage and flooding;
- Pollution Services advise on noise and nuisance matters.
The Council has a Development Team where the Chief Executive and development-related Heads of Service meet on a fortnightly basis to discuss and co-ordinate policies and actions.
Last Updated: Friday 10th May 2013