New funding for Leadership and Management
Published Thursday 7th July 2011
Up to £1000 in grant funding is now available to help your business pay for the training your business needs to grow.
Through the Leadership and Management Advisory Service, funded by the Skills Funding Agency, senior leaders of businesses have a great opportunity to develop their leadership and management skills.
Discover what skills you need to succeed
An impartial and highly experienced Leadership and Management Advisor will help you identify your personal development needs at a face to face meeting at your place of work or other venue convenient to you.
Find the right solution
Your Advisor will then work with you to find the right solutions and providers to develop your leadership and management skills. Funded learning and development must address one of the following areas:
- Further developing an effective personal style - eg developing communication and presentation skills, developing a vision and mission, management style, inspirational leadership
- Creating an effective business culture - eg managing difficult people and conflict resolution, building a senior team, encouraging team working, managing change, encouraging creativity
- Planning and developing your business and teams within it - eg team building, people management, people processes and performance management, developing structures, roles and responsibilities
- Building high performance across your business - eg motivation skills, staff development, coaching skills, developing performance measures and managing people within a performance framework
What funding is available?
Up to £1,000 in grant funding is available to help pay for the training solution. This grant will pay for 50% of the fees excluding VAT up to the maximum amount of £1,000. We also provide follow-up support to review your progress and to help you make the most of your new skills.
Key eligibility criteria
This offer is available to social enterprises or private sector businesses with:
- Fewer than 250 full time equivalent employees
- At least one employee in addition to the senior leader
- The potential for high or fast growth