Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
Last updated 30 March 2021
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) supports businesses that are not covered by other grant schemes or where additional funding is needed.
Should my business apply?
The fund will support the following types of businesses
- Businesses occupying shared workspaces or business units
- Businesses occupying rateable premises, not required to close but nevertheless significantly affected
- Mobile or home-based businesses
- Businesses in the supply chain of other retail, leisure, hospitality or events businesses
- Many of the businesses that were assisted by Ipswich Borough Council’s Discretionary Grant scheme earlier this year
- Others who meet the eligibility criteria
Which businesses are eligible?
The ARG is open to businesses that were:
- Trading on or before 1 December 2020
- Not eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum scheme
- Instructed to close because COVID-19 restrictions or can demonstrate that they have been significantly financially impacted by COVID-19 restrictions
What evidence do I need to apply?
- A brief statement of the impact of this national lockdown on the business including detail of significant financial impact. This means that businesses must be able to demonstrate a loss of income of 30% or more in November 2020 (e.g), when compared with November 2019)
- Confirmation of State Aid compliance
- Comparable evidence of business income for months November 2019, October 2020 and November 2020
- Copy of your lease / tenancy agreement / mortgage / mooring costs (or equivalent) evidencing monthly payments / commitments (if applicable)
What about public houses?
Public houses will each receive £25,000 (at £5,000 per month) for the period from November 2020 to 31 March 2021 – subject to state aid rules being met in each case and income reductions being greater than the grant received in each case. This will be via a mix of ARG funding and other LRSG business grants. We will contact all public houses by the end of January to confirm what information needs to be submitted and the grant levels (and dates) that we anticipate paying. Public houses do not need to complete the application form below.
How to apply
Applications for the ARG scheme have now closed.
Read the full policy and criteria.