IBC Tenants

You are here

You can get help from the Housing Officer Team if you are worried about managing your money or coping with the changeover to Universal Credit. 

We will:

  • Explain Universal Credit and the impact it may have on you
  • Refer you for debt and money advice 
  • Help you set up direct debits to pay your rent 
  • Refer you for tenancy support if required

To prepare for Universal Credit, please make sure your rent account is in credit as you will have to wait over a month before you receive your first payment. To make an arrangement to build up a credit balance on your rent account please contact us.

Direct Debit

Set up a Direct Debit to ensure your rent account is kept up-to-date. This is a simple, easy and secure way to make sure your rent is automatically paid on time. 

All you have to do is give one simple instruction to your Bank or Building Society and they then ensure that the appropriate amount is transferred automatically from your account to the council's when it is due. 

We are here to help, so don't struggle with your money worries alone. Use the ‘Contact Us’ button to make contact with the Housing Officer team.  

Contact us pink button

Popular tasks

Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council,
Housing Services,
3E Grafton House, 
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432000