Application for a Club Premises Certificate
Any applications submitted with information missing or which have been incorrectly completed will be rejected.
In order to apply for a Club Premises Certificate you are required to:
Complete the online application form and pay the relevant fee.
Submit a plan of the building with your application showing the internal area outlining where licensable activity will take place.
Submit a copy of your club rules with your application
Complete and return the Club Declaration form
Display a Public Notice (we can provide a copy of a Notice if one is needed)
- It must be displayed in a conspicuous place on the premises for at least 28 consecutive days starting after the day the application was submitted
- It must be displayed where it can be conveniently read by members of public from the exterior of the premises
- It must be at least A4 size
- It must be pale blue in colour
- It must be printed legibly in black ink or typed in a black font equal or greater that font size 16
- If the premises covers an area greater than 50 square metres a further, identical notice must be displayed every 50 metres of the perimeter of the premises
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Public Notice. If incorrect you may need to display again for 28 consecutive days after submission of a complete application
- The Public Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
Publish a notice in the local press
- It must be placed in a local newspaper that circulates in the vicinity of the premises
- It must be published on at least one occasion during the period 10 working days after the day the application was submitted
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Newspaper Notice. If incorrect you may need to advertise again
- The Newspaper Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
Our Licensing Team will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days. If there are no representations or objections, all requirements have been met and the application form is fully and correctly completed the licence will be granted after a period of 28 days.
If there are any changes necessary to enable us to accept the application we will contact you, please retain a copy of the completed forms you submit.