Ipswich BC logo


Status message

We are currently streamlining our processes, which means when we collect your rent via Direct Debit it will have a new account reference. This does not change the way in which we collect Direct Debits. If you pay between 16th – 22nd of the month your October payment will be taken later than planned.

Commercial or industrial noise

You are here

Commercial and industrial premises have a legal defence known as 'Best Practicable Means' which says that it may not always be possible to stop a noise completely. However, it is possible to seek to keep it to an acceptable level.

What can you do?

If you wish, you may approach the subject of the complaint with the owner or occupier directly. However, many commercial and industrial noise problems are best dealt with by the council due to the specialist knowledge and equipment that is often needed.

If you are disturbed by noise of this nature please contact us during office hours using the details on this page, or telephone 01473 433444 out of hours.