Energy Performance Certificates

You are here

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) were introduced in October 2008 to help improve the energy efficiency of buildings. If you are building, selling or renting a home you need an EPC by law.

The certificate provides ratings for the building, from 'A' - the most energy efficient - to 'G' - the least.

The following websites offer useful information about Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs):

Contact Details

Building Control,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432000

Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00

Telephone icon

01473 433444

After 17:00 and weekends