Ipswich Borough Council is a progressive and dynamic authority with a large and varied property portfolio. This is an exciting time to join the Maintenance and Contracts team and we are currently looking for a Labourer to carry out a variety of works to domestic properties. You will be able work on own initiative or within a team of operatives carrying out a wide range of duties connected with the repair, renew and maintenance of council owned properties in an efficient, effective and customer focused manner.
Day to day
- Responsible for carrying out a range of duties connected with the repair and maintenance of Council owned properties.
- Organising and managing materials required, reading, keeping records, handing in job records daily, and following administrative procedures as directed.
- Working to a high quality standard ensuring high quality workmanship and maintaining an acceptable level of productivity commensurate with earnings.
- The use of new IT technology as required ensuring the delivery of goals and objectives as set within contract specification.
- Carry out duties, which require possession of a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy (as the job requires the employee to complete time sheets and claim forms, keeping records and to fulfil statutory checks as required).
- Represent IBC in a manner conducive with the standards expected, including the carrying of an identity card and wearing of the uniform supplied.
- Communication with customers, M&C management team and members of the public in a polite manner placing the highest possible emphasis on customer care. Encouraging customer involvement and feedback.
- Responsible for maintaining health, safety and welfare of self, other employees and members of the public ensuring adherence to safe working practices and environmental procedures.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Experience of the Building industry,
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Issues
- Be a team player
- Full valid driving licence
For more information about this role please contact Steven Fisher on 01473 432775 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download a Job Pack for more information regarding this vacancy.
Closing Date 5pm on Monday 25th February 2019 .
Interviews will be held w/c 4th March 2019. The selection process will be an interview and Trade Tests.
How to apply: You will need to Login or Sign Up for to My Ipswichto complete the Online Application Form for this vacancy. This will then be saved in your ‘My Requests’ records.