We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work in the Licensing Team which deals with alcohol and entertainment, scrap metal, gambling, street collections, lotteries, pleasure boats, animal welfare, taxis/private hire and more.
The Licensing Enforcement Officerwill:
- Carry out inspections/investigations to ensure licensed premises and activities are compliant with legislation and conditions;
- Take appropriate action to ensure compliance in line with our Enforcement Policy;
- Where necessary, research and prepare reports to Committee or Magistrates’ Court;
- Interpret, co-ordinate and implement licensing policies and procedures;
- Liaise and negotiate with licence holders and various statutory partners such as police, trading standards, fire service etc.
- Liaise with applicants, Responsible Authorities, outside organisations, senior officers and colleagues regarding applications and deal with queries about relevant legislation;
- Maintain the Licensing Team’s records and databases;
- Participate in compliance visits which may be late at night or at weekends;
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 A levels or an NVQ Level 4 or have 3 years experience including technical and organisational knowledge and experience in Licensing or another regulatory field.
- Ideally you will have experience of enforcing Local Authority licensed premises and activities.
- Knowledge and experience of PACE, conducting interviews under caution and preparing prosecution reports.
- The ability to use relevant technology.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Positive approach to and customer care.
- The ability to work well in a team and on own initiative.
- Willing to work late nights and weekends on a regular basis.
For an informal discussion contact: Debbie Devine (01473 432065) or Nigel Burrows (01473 433114)
Please download a job pack for more information regarding this vacancy.
Closing Date 5pm Tuesday 21st November 2017
Interviews will be held Wednesday 29th November 2017. The selection process will be an interview.
How to apply: You will need to Login or Sign Up for to My Ipswichto complete the Online Application Form for this vacancy. This will then be saved in your ‘My Requests’ records.