Ipswich BC logo


Warning message

Due to the backlog caused by yesterday's delays we were unable to collect all the brown bins today. If your bin has been missed please leave it out and we will collect it as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Mutual exchanges

You are here

The law gives council and housing association tenants the right to do a mutual exchange. Tenants must have their landlord's permission and be eligible to exchange.

If you are looking to exchange but have not found someone to exchange with, then register free of charge on House Exchange. This website has been designed to bring together people from all over the UK who are looking to swap their home.

If you are an Ipswich Borough Council (IBC) tenant, or you are wanting to exchange with an IBC tenant, and have found someone to exchange with, both parties must complete an application form. Simply click on the pink button below:

Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council,
Housing Services,
3E Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 433370