Public Open Space Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Public Open Space SPD covers ten different types or typologies of public open space.
It provides detailed guidance on:
- the protection of existing open spaces and outdoor sport and recreation facilities from inappropriate development;
- the requirements for new open spaces and outdoor sport and recreation facilities provision associated with new development and advice on maintenance;
- and the enhancement of the Borough’s tree canopy cover.
The SPD amplifies policies DM28 ‘Protection of Open Spaces, Sport and Recreation Facilities’, DM29 ‘Provision of New Open Spaces, Sport and Recreation Facilities’ and DM10 ‘Protection of Trees and Hedgerows’ (in relation to canopy cover) of the 2017 Ipswich Local Plan.
Following consultation on a draft, which took place between 29 January and 7 March 2016, the Supplementary Planning Document was adopted by the Council on 22 March 2017.
Inspection of adoption documents
You can also view these documents at the following locations:
- Customer Services Centre, Town Hall, Cornhill, Ipswich (Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm)
- Ipswich County Library, Northgate Street, Ipswich (Mon, Weds, Thurs 9am to 6pm; Tues, Fri 9am to 7pm; Saturdays 8.30am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 4pm)
- Grafton House Reception, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich (Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm)