Report antisocial behaviour and nuisance

You are here

What is antisocial behaviour?

According to the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, antisocial behaviour (ASB) is classed as:

Behaviour which is likely to cause harassment, alarm and distress to one or more persons not of the same household.

This could be:

  • Alcohol abuse (drunkenness, intimidation, street drinking);
  • Drug use;
  • Littering, graffiti, fly-tipping or vandalism;
  • Neighbour disputes;
  • Noise, including general bad language and abuse;
  • Prostitution;
  • Youth nuisance problems;
  • Vehicle nuisance.

How to report a problem

If you have experienced any form of antisocial behaviour it is important that you report it as soon as you can by calling:

  • 01473 433434

    You may also wish to speak to your local Safer Neighbourhood Team, your Housing provider or your Ward Councillor to discuss the issues further.

    If a crime has been committed you can report it using the police emergency 999 and non-emergency 101 numbers, or online through Suffolk Constabulary.

    In an emergency always call 999 - this is when a crime is happening, when someone suspected of a crime is nearby, or when someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.

    Support is available to victims of crime via Victim Support.