Ipswich BC logo


Types of Building Regulation Application

You are here

If you are planning to carry out any building work on your property, you must make sure that your application is deposited with Ipswich Borough Council before any work commences.

There is a choice of two application types, depending on you or your builder's knowledge of construction processes. The two types of application are:

Site Inspections

Both procedures require that the building works are inspected. The inspection required will be dependent on the type of work being carried out and you will be advised of what is needed when you start work and as the work progresses.

For information of the type of inspection you might require and how to request an inspection please see Site Inspections.

Completion Certificate

On completion of your building works, you will receive a Completion Certificate, provided the work has been inspected and is agreed to comply with Building Regulations. This is an important document that must be shown to solicitors during any future house sale.

Regularisation Certificate

If for any reason you have already carried out building work on your property you will need to get a Regularisation Certificate.

Contact Details

Building Control,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432953/4