Warm Homes Healthy People Project
Suffolk's Warm Homes Healthy People project helps vulnerable people and families make their homes cheaper to heat.
The project can provide the following help for eligible residents in Suffolk:
- Fuel payments paid directly to your heating supplier
- Boiler or heater stopped working? Warm Homes Healthy People can lend you electric heaters and assess you for financial assistance towards the cost of repairs or replacements
- Do you own or privately rent your property? Warm Homes Healthy People can arrange for an independent surveyor to visit your home and discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills. The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing.
Is your household income below £17,000 and your savings below £5,000? And do you meet one of the following:
- You are aged over 63 or you live with children under 5
- Someone living with you has a long term health condition or disability
If the above applies please call the Local Rate Helpline on 03456 037 686 for free advice with:
- an emergency fuel payment
- making your home warmer as well as more energy efficient Help with getting your home properly insulated and draught proofed
- emergency boiler and heating repairs
- loan of temporary heaters in an emergency
- cheaper oil prices and access to interest free loans via Eastern Savings and Loans
Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out what support and assistance might be available to them. Visit the Suffolk County Council website for other ways you can get help.
If you are a GP wishing to make a referral please email email@example.com