Ipswich BC logo


Status message

We are currently streamlining our processes, which means when we collect your rent via Direct Debit it will have a new account reference. This does not change the way in which we collect Direct Debits. If you pay between 16th – 22nd of the month your October payment will be taken later than planned.


You are here

What to do if you disagree with the amount of your Council Tax.

What to do if you disagree with the Council Tax band for your home.
If you disagree with your Council Tax Reduction, you may initiate a challenge under section 16 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
You are entitled to appeal if you disagree with a decision about whether you are liable for Council Tax and how much you are liable to pay.

Contact Details

Council Tax,
Ipswich Borough Council,
1W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 433910