Ipswich BC logo


Alcohol and entertainment licensing

You are here

Information on licences and certificates required by persons wishing to sell alcohol and/or provide entertainment.

Information can be found on how to apply for premises licences, club premises certificates, TENs and personal alcohol licences. You can apply for most of these licences online.
A personal licence authorises an individual to sell alcohol by retail, supply or authorise the supply of alcohol.
Any exhibition, demonstration or performance of hypnotism (as defined in the Hypnotism Act 1952) requires a permit from the Council
Contact the Licensing Department if you wish to make a complaint about a licensed premises, or a premises which is providing licensable activities without a licence.
A Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) is required in any licensed premises where alcohol is supplied
Under the Licensing Act 2003 the annual fee for a licensed premises becomes payable each year on the anniversary of the date the licence was initially granted. Find out the fee and how to pay.


Contact Details

Licensing and Enforcement,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 433075