Ipswich BC logo


Status message

We are currently streamlining our processes, which means when we collect your rent via Direct Debit it will have a new account reference. This does not change the way in which we collect Direct Debits. If you pay between 16th – 22nd of the month your October payment will be taken later than planned.

Animal welfare licensing

You are here

Provides information on how to apply for a licence for Animal Boarding, Dog Breeding, Pet Shops, Riding Establishments and Dangerous Wild Animals.

On 1 October 2018 The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 come into effect. DEFRA has produced guidance notes on all elements of the new licensing regime.
Under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, you need a licence to keep many types of animals.
If you want to run a zoo you must first get a licence from the Council.

Contact Details

Licensing and Enforcement,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

See each web page