Vehicle clamping and removal
Ipswich Borough Council can legally clamp and remove a vehicle from the public highway, or a Council operated car park where a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) has been issued.
View the Council’s Immobilisation and Removal of Vehicles policy.
1. Your vehicle can be clamped and/or removed if:
- You are a persistent offender and evader of parking tickets (i.e. those with three or more unpaid parking tickets and haven’t challenged them within the timeframes given)
- You park in a dangerous or hazardous location
- Preventing or restricting works or authorised events
- You park displaying an invalid Blue Badge
- Where a vehicle is in contravention of a waiting restriction
2. Before your vehicle can be released you will need to:
- Provide proof of vehicle ownership
- Provide proof of identity
- Make the required payment
What to do next if: