Ipswich BC logo


Status message

We are currently streamlining our processes, which means when we collect your rent via Direct Debit it will have a new account reference. This does not change the way in which we collect Direct Debits. If you pay between 16th – 22nd of the month your October payment will be taken later than planned.


You are here

If you wish to demolish a building, you must give Ipswich Borough Council written notice before the work starts.

We will serve a counter notice giving details of various precautions that must be taken for the protection of the public and adjacent buildings.

If the building to be demolished is a Listed Building or in a Conservation Area then it will also be necessary to obtain the requisite permission from us to demolish to the building.

You will need to notify all statutory bodies and all immediate neighbours to the building to be demolished prior to applying.

Contact Details

Building Control,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432951

Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00

Telephone icon

01473 433444

After 17:00 and weekends