Application for a Premises Licences
Any business or individual (aged at least 18) that wishes to conduct licensable activities on a premises are required to apply for a Premises Licence from Ipswich Borough Council. A premises is defined as any place, including vehicles, vessels and moveable structures.
Application for a Premises Licence
You are now able to apply online for this licence.
Any applications submitted with information missing or which have been incorrectly completed will be rejected.
In order to apply for a Premises Licence you are required to:
Complete the online application form and pay the relevant fee.
Submit a plan of the building with your application showing the internal area and outlining where licensable activity will take place
If selling alcohol you will need to state who the Designated Premises Supervisor will be and submit the relevant consent form.
Display a Public Notice
- It must be displayed in a conspicuous place on the premises for at least 28 consecutive days starting after the day the application was submitted
- It must be displayed where it can be conveniently read by members of public from the exterior of the premises
- It must be at least A4 size
- It must be pale blue in colour
- It must be printed legibly in black ink or typed in a black font equal or greater than font size 16
- If the premises covers an area greater than 50 square metres a further, identical notice must be displayed every 50 metres of the perimeter of the premises
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Public Notice. If incorrect you may need to display again for 28 consecutive days after submission of a complete application
- The Public Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
Publish a notice in the local press
- It must be placed in a local newspaper that circulates in the vicinity of the premises
- It must be published on at least one occasion during the period 10 working days after the day the application was submitted
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Newspaper Notice. If incorrect you may need to advertise again
- The Newspaper Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
Our Licensing Team will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days. If there are no representations or objections, all requirements have been met and the application form is fully and correctly completed the licence will be granted after a period of 28 days. If there are any changes necessary to enable us to accept the application we will contact you, please retain a copy of the completed forms you submit.