Ipswich BC logo


Status message

We are currently streamlining our processes, which means when we collect your rent via Direct Debit it will have a new account reference. This does not change the way in which we collect Direct Debits. If you pay between 16th – 22nd of the month your October payment will be taken later than planned.

Building control licences and permits

You are here

Some areas of work are controlled and therefore require licences or permits

If you wish to demolish a building, you must give Ipswich Borough Council written notice before the work starts.
There are two sites in Ipswich where banners can be displayed across the highway, at the two outer ends of Westgate Street and Carr Street in the town centre.

Contact Details

Building Control,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15 - 17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432953/4