Communities and health

You are here

Find out how to report anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood, how to influence local priorities at Area Committees and how to prepare for an emergency. Also, information on the HEARS personal alarm service, support for parents, a guide to substance misuse services and more.

Find out what the VAWG strategy is; Ipswich Borough Council projects to reduce violence against women and girls; how to report and where you can get support.
The Home Office Serious Violence Strategy defines serious violence as specific types of crime such as homicide, knife crime, gun crime and areas of criminality where serious violence or its threat is inherent, such as in gangs and county lines drug dealing.
Find out more about Acquisitive Crime, how to report it, and what Ipswich Borough Council are doing to reduce Acquisitive Crime.
Find out more about Criminal Exploitation, how to spot the signs, and how to report it.
Find out more about Modern Slavery, how to spot the signs, and how to report it.
Find out what Prevent is, how to report suspicious behaviour, and what to do if you suspect someone is being radicalised.
Here is a summary of the external grant funding available.
Applications follow the same process and application form as Area Committee funding requests, but must also show significant benefit to Ravenswood residents, and meet the objectives of the Ravenswood Community Fund which are;
Find out what the Community Safety Partnership’s priorities are, its key responsibilities, and which organisations are involved.
The locations of 7 Sharps bins in Ipswich for the safe disposal of needles and drug equipment.


Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council
Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432000