An apprenticeship with Ipswich Borough Council
Securing your first job isn't just about having qualifications - most employers are looking for relevant experience too. An apprenticeship with Ipswich Borough Council is a great stepping stone to your career, giving you valuable experience in the workplace, your own income and recognised qualifications.
These are just a few of the careers that could begin with an Ipswich Borough Council apprenticeship:
- Business Administration Support Apprentice - Waste & Fleet
- Sports and Leisure Team Member
- Community Support and Health Officer Apprentice
- Housing (Tenancy Services) Apprentice
- Human Recourses Apprentice
- Business Support Apprentice
Real jobs, fair pay, great prospects
- Our benefits give you even more reasons to apply for an Ipswich Borough Council apprenticeship.
- Real jobs: An apprenticeship with IBC is a real job, with a contract of employment and apprenticeship training - this is so much more than just a placement.
- Choice: We have apprentices are spread across the business, with both practical and professional programmes on offer.
- Fair pay: We pay our apprentices 140% of the National Apprenticeship wage in the first year, and at least this amount or more in subsequent years, depending on your age and apprenticeship term.
- ‘Large organisation’ experience: An Ipswich Borough Council apprenticeship means working within a large, multi-functional business, giving you greater exposure to a wide range of customers and professions - great for your CV in the future.
- Career links: Each Ipswich Borough Council apprenticeship is built into part of our business, so your programme and experience will link well to the career area you want to work in.
- Support: We provide dedicated support, an Apprentice Development Programme and guidance throughout your apprenticeship to help you succeed.
- Great prospects: Ipswich Borough Council apprentices can apply for suitable vacancies across the organisation, many past apprentices are still working for us!
- Discounts and preferential rates: Our apprentices are eligible to apply for special deals on a range of goods and services.
Read about further benefits.