Housing Benefit

You are here

You can apply for Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income. However, most working-age people now need to apply for Universal Credit to receive this help, click here.

Some benefits and tax credits are being replaced by Universal Credit.

Click on this external link to learn more:

Move to Universal Credit - Move to Universal Credit (ucmove.campaign.gov.uk)(link is external).

You can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if:

Use the calculator to find out of you qualify, or read more about eligibility for Housing Benefit.

Apply for Housing Benefit.

Read about the HMRC scam warning for Tax Credit Customers

Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council,
1E Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432000