Ipswich Borough Council business news is included in the Newsfeed.
Growth Hub grants available
New Anglia Growth Hub gives businesses across Norfolk and Suffolk access to free face-to-face business support from ten mobile business growth advisers, an online information portal and telephone helpline. It also includes providing support to businesses to access faster broadband and acts a first point of contact for grant applications.
Available grants are:
- Growing Business Fund £25,000 up to £500,000 at 20% intervention rate, one job per £10,000 of grant.
- Small Grants Scheme £5,000 up to £25,000.
- Agri-Tech Grants available for businesses seeking to introduce technology to the food or farming sector. There is £2m of grant funding available across the two LEP areas of New Anglia and GCGP. There are two main funds that businesses can apply for:
- Agri-Tech Growth Fund, which provides grants between £25,000 and £150,000 to support product development and improve agricultural productivity. 25% intervention plus a requirement to provide jobs.
- Research, Development and Prototyping Fund, which helps to support the research and development of new product or processes with grants of between £10,000 and £60,000. So far, 23 successful grant applicants have now been approved by the Board, including food and drink producers and growers, bespoke equipment and chemical manufacturers and innovative IT companies who supply to the agricultural sector.
HMRC Launch New Business Support Tax App
The new free app, part of HMRC's commitment to make tax easier, quicker and simpler for business, allows access to the following via your tablet or mobile device:
- Business live webinars and recorded videos
- Business e-learning
- Signing up to email alerts
- HMRC Business Help Twitter account
- Commercially developed Record Keeping apps.
The app is available to download now on the Apple iStore; and on Google Play.