Application for a Variation to a Premises Licence
If you wish to make an amendment to your current Premises Licence that affect any of the licensing objectives you will need to apply to Ipswich Borough Council. Variations are typically used when adding any extra licensable activities to your licence, adjusting your operating hours, adding or removing conditions to your licence, major changes to the layout of the premises or changes to the plans of the building.
Your proposed change may be able to be dealt with under a Minor Variation. Please refer to the guide on variations if you are unsure which type your proposed change falls under.
You are now able to apply online for this licence.
In order to apply for a Variation to a Premises Licence you are required to:
Complete the online application and pay the fee.
Return both parts of your original Premises Licence
- If this is not available please confirm why in writing
Submit a plan of the building with your application showing the internal area and where licensable activity will take place
- Please clearly indicate any proposed new areas or alterations if applicable
Issue a copy of your completed application form to each of the Responsible Authorities (If you have applied online we will do this for you.)
- Note: Each Responsible Authority could make an objection to your application, which may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
Display a Public Notice
- It must be displayed in a conspicuous place on the premises for at least 28 consecutive days starting after the day the application was submitted
- It must be displayed where it can be conveniently read by members of public from the exterior of the premises
- It must be at least A4 size
- It must be pale blue in colour
- It must be printed legibly in black ink or typed in a black font equal or greater that font size 16
- If the premises covers an area greater than 50 square metres a further, identical notice must be displayed every 50 metres of the perimeter of the premises
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Public Notice. If incorrect you may need to display again for 28 consecutive days after submission of a complete application
- The Public Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
Publish a notice in the local press (we can provide a copy of a Notice if one is needed)
- It must be placed in a local newspaper that circulates in the vicinity of the premises
- It must be published on at least one occasion during the period 10 working days after the day the application was submitted
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Newspaper Notice. If incorrect you may need to advertise again
- The Newspaper Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council
We will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days. If there are no representations or objections, all requirements have been met and the application form is fully and correctly completed the amended licence will be granted after a period of 28 days.
Any objections (from the Responsible Authorities) or valid representations (from the public) may result in a committee hearing at Ipswich Borough Council, we will contact you to confirm the process if necessary.
If there are any amendments needed to enable us to accept the application we will contact you, please retain a copy of the completed forms you submit.