Licences and permits

You are here

Find out about licensing requirements and how to apply for a licence or permit. Includes taxi licensing, alcohol and entertainment premises, industrial licences and more.

We will use this page to publish any upcoming changes in legislation that is relevant to any of the licences we process.
Fees payable for licence applications and annual renewals.
To place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement in England and Wales you require permission from your Local Authority.
Public notices of any applications and reviews received under the Licensing Act 2003 and also the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 reports.
Street trading consent is required by any person wishing to sell goods within a designated consent area, which includes a limited number of specific trading sites in the town centre and some streets in other parts of the town.


Contact Details

Licensing and Enforcement,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

See each web page