Ipswich BC logo


Building control

You are here

Advice on building regulations, accessibility, demolitions and dangerous structures.

In accordance with the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 and LABC Member Guidance on the Publication of a Building Regulation Charges Scheme, Ipswich Borough Council is giving notice of an amendment to it's existing charge scheme.
If you wish to demolish a building, you must give Ipswich Borough Council written notice before the work starts.
If you are planning to carry out work on your home or a building that you own, there are a number of different areas to consider before you begin.
Unless you have a reasonable working knowledge of building construction it is advisable, before any work begins, to obtain professional advice.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) were introduced in October 2008 to help improve the energy efficiency of buildings. If you are building, selling or renting a home you need an EPC by law.
If you are planning an extension to your property or would like to construct a new building, you will need to check the location of the public sewers.
When undertaking your development project it is important to consider the health and safety implications that your planned works may have.
The LABC is the member organisation representing local authority building control departments in England and Wales. Developers using local authority building control services can be eligible to receive warranties for their work through the LABC.


Contact Details

Building Control,
Ipswich Borough Council,
3W Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432951

Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00

Telephone icon

01473 433444

After 17:00 and weekends