Ipswich BC logo


Payments direct to landlord

You are here

We have to make all payments of Local Housing Allowance (LHA) directly to the tenant. However, in some special cases we can decide to pay the landlord instead. This may be where a tenant has difficulties managing their own affairs, or where they are in rent arrears of eight weeks or more.

If you feel that the above criteria apply to your tenant, you can ask us to consider direct payment to you as landlord by completing the Local Housing Allowance - Landlord Payment Request Form.

Completed forms must be taken to the Customer Services Centre or posted to the address on the left of this page.

The Landlord Payment Form is available to download here:

LHA landlord payment request

LHA guidance for safeguarding payments is available to download here:

LHA payment safeguard guidance

Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council,
1E Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432000