Ipswich BC logo


Status message

Due to a technical issue the steam room at Crown Pools is currently unavailable. The sauna is still open to the public.

Benefit information and advice

You are here

More information about your Benefit or Council Tax reduction claim. Find out about local housing allowance, under-occupation, decisions, payments, overpayments, fraud and more.

Information about backdating Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction
Information explaining your Housing Benefit award letter
You can apply for Council Tax Reduction if you are unemployed or on a low income.
An overpayment is any amount of Housing Benefit which has been paid to you but which you are not entitled to. This could have happened because you did not inform the Council of a change in your circumstances.
If you disagree with our decision you can challenge it.
If you disagree with your Council Tax Reduction, you may initiate a challenge under section 16 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
Capital is anything that has a monetary value, such as land and property, investments and savings. You need to let us know if you, or your partner, have a change in the amount of savings or capital you have.
A non-dependant is someone aged 18 years or over who lives with you. It does not include someone living in your home who has a legally enforceable agreement to pay rent to you or your landlord.
In April 2013 new rules were introduced on under-occupation (spare bedrooms) that may affect the amount of Housing Benefit you receive.


Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council,
1E Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 432701