Ipswich BC logo


Status message

We are currently streamlining our processes, which means when we collect your rent via Direct Debit it will have a new account reference. This does not change the way in which we collect Direct Debits. If you pay between 16th – 22nd of the month your October payment will be taken later than planned.

Council tenants

You are here

Advice and information for people living in council-owned housing.

Ipswich Borough Council's programme of planned maintenance to Council-owned properties, April 2016 - April 2017.
You will need to apply for permission to carry out improvements or alterations and must not begin work until you have received our written permission.
Your tenancy runs from Monday to Sunday, and it will continue to do so until you or we legally bring it to an end.
Social housing fraud can take the form of illegal sub-letting or using false information to get a house in the first place.
The Rental Exchange is a way to strengthen your credit report without you needing to take on new credit.
Information on looking after your home and managing your tenancy can be found in the Tenants' Handbook
The assisted gardening scheme helps tenants who, through age or infirmity, are unable to keep their garden in a tidy and manageable state and have no one else to help them.
Under the Right to Buy scheme, you can buy your home at a price lower than the full market value. This is because the length of time you have spent as a tenant entitles you to a discount. 
As landlords, we have a legal duty to ensure that any gas appliances and gas pipes provided in our properties are tested within a twelve month period, as set down in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
Aids and facilities for people with disabilities who live in council homes


Contact Details

Ipswich Borough Council,
Housing Services,
3E Grafton House,
15-17 Russell Road,

Telephone icon

01473 433370